Short Breaks in Minehead
The county of Somerset is situated in South West England and is a county associated with the Arthurian legend and in particular the legend of the Holy Grail. It is also a largely rural county and many traditional crafts can still be found in evidence such as basketry, cheese making and the production of strong apple cider! Somerset's county town is Taunton and the county has two cities; the Georgian splendour and Roman baths at Bath and England's smallest cathedral city in Wells. Other major towns include Bridgewater, Yeovil, Frome and the seaside resorts of Minehead & Weston-super-Mare.
Somerset is a county of contrast, with the flat expanses of the Somerset Levels interspersed with ranges of hills such as the Mendips and the Quantocks, valleys and gorges such as the Chew Valley and Cheddar Gorge respectively, and vast moorlands such as Exmoor. At its northern edge the Bristol Channel coast can be found while the River Severn passes its western side.
Places to visit include Glastonbury with its spectacular abbey ruins and the town's mystical associations, the caves of Wookey Hole and Cheddar and the stately splendour of the Tyntesfield estate or Barrington Court. Take a leisurely ride on the West Somerset Railway or a trip to the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton to view its vast range of aircraft on show.
A fabulous period cottage, built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel himself.
- Fabulous Views of West Somerset Steam Railway
- Three Bedrooms,Two bathrooms sleeping six in comfo
- Private hot tub
- Dogs welcome by prior arrangement
- Wood burning stove, wifi, plasma tv
Fantastic group accommodation for celebrations and family gatherings.
- Location, Location, Location!!
- Private hot tub
- Games room, woodburners, roll top bath, wifi, sky
- Sleeps 12 plus 3 children plus cots
- Dogs and horses welcome by prior arrangement
The Cleeve is a luxury self catering holiday let which is ideal for groups of friends or family
- Up to 28 guests can dine together
- Sea and beaches close by
- Breathtakingly beautiful Exmoor national park
- Children's play area over the lane
- Secluded, private, imposing, unique