Holiday Destinations in Scotland
Short Breaks in Scotland
Scotland is a country within the northern region of the UK. The Scottish capital is Edinburgh, and other large cities include Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee. These vibrant cities make Scotland a favourite for those who want a city short break holiday with cultural and historical interest.
The country boasts some of the most dramatic scenery anywhere in the British Isles, and is an ideal destination for walking and fishing short break, holiday rentals. To the north, The Highlands, with its glens and mountain ranges such as the Grampians, and the highest point in the UK, Ben Nevis, are famous for their spectacularly beautiful landscapes. Here can also be found Loch Ness, the deepest freshwater lake in the UK and allegedly the domain of the fabled Loch Ness Monster! To the south, you will find the more gently rural scenery of the Southern Uplands and valleys of the Central Lowlands, such as the Forth-Clyde valley. There are lochs here also, most notably the immense and picturesque Loch Lomond. All of which makes Scotland a very desirable place for an activity short break holiday with great opportunities for climbing, mountain biking, sailing and golf.
A holiday in Scotland has the benefits of a coastline that stretches for nearly 10,000 kilometres, and along these shores is a mix of sandy beaches, fishing villages and estuary inlets (or firths). Famous firths include the Solway Firth, Firth of Forth and the Firth of Clyde. Away from the mainland, Scotland also has nearly 800 islands such as the Northern Isles and the Hebrides.
Famous Scottish landmarks include Edinburgh Castle, the impressive ruins of St Andrew’s Cathedral, the iconic 'armadillo' structure of the Clyde Auditorium and the staggering engineering feats of both the Falkirk Wheel and the Forth Road Bridge. Scotland is also well known around the world for its fine whisky and many distilleries are open to visitors, offering an unusual component for a Food and Drink Short Break.
Our Scottish holiday accommodation choices include: a log cabin on the banks of Loch Tay, a large family house in Roxburghshire, a luxury apartment in Glasgow and a cosy cottage in Perthshire.
23 Crail Road, Anstruther
luxury holiday home in fishing village
- period stone features
- en-suite bathrooms
- coastal location
- designated parking
Glengower House was built in 1893, it has beautiful views and retains many original features.
- Light and spacious sitting room
- Four large and beautifully furnished bedrooms
- Many stunning beaches along the Moray coastline
- Fabulous working open fire
- Garage has ample space for rods, bikes etc.
Large house in private location within walking distance to shops/restaurants etc.
Finnish log cabin on the banks of Loch Tay.
- stunning views
- outdoor hot tub
- under floor heating
- wet room showers
A modern detached bungalow, close to the seashore with private beach access, near Gairloch
- Magnificent views over the sea
- Raasay just 80 yards from the seashore
- Cot available for baby
- Parking space for 2 cars by the house
- Boat trips available nearby
Seatown Cottage is a 2 bedroomed fisherman's cottage built around 1850
- Cot, highchair and stair-gates available
- Outstanding views on the banks of the River Lossie
- Ideal for beach, golfing or fishing holiday's
- Large living/dining area
- Both rooms have comfortable window seats
Luxury 4 star self catering holiday accommodation set in the stunningly beautiful Glen Finart Estate
- 4 star holiday accommodation
- Hot-tub & Sauna
- Fishing rods for sea angling
- Mountain Bikes - exclusive use
- Pets welcome (please enquire due to Deer Park)
A unique large 5-bedroomed south facing villa
- Luxurious accommodation in stunning location
- Furnished to a high standard and well-equipped
- Ideal for large groups
- Stabling for 2 horses available
- No dogs inside house - stables suitable as kennels
Modern and luxurious self contained flat just a few minutes’ walk fromGlasgow A1 Self Catering Glasg
- stylish, modern interior recently furnished
- perfect central location for visitors to Glasgow
- corporate packages at specially discounted rates
- within a historic private ‘gardens’ conversion
- located near the River Clyde