Short Breaks in Taunton
The county of Somerset is situated in South West England and is a county associated with the Arthurian legend and in particular the legend of the Holy Grail. It is also a largely rural county and many traditional crafts can still be found in evidence such as basketry, cheese making and the production of strong apple cider! Somerset's county town is Taunton and the county has two cities; the Georgian splendour and Roman baths at Bath and England's smallest cathedral city in Wells. Other major towns include Bridgewater, Yeovil, Frome and the seaside resorts of Minehead & Weston-super-Mare.
Somerset is a county of contrast, with the flat expanses of the Somerset Levels interspersed with ranges of hills such as the Mendips and the Quantocks, valleys and gorges such as the Chew Valley and Cheddar Gorge respectively, and vast moorlands such as Exmoor. At its northern edge the Bristol Channel coast can be found while the River Severn passes its western side.
Places to visit include Glastonbury with its spectacular abbey ruins and the town's mystical associations, the caves of Wookey Hole and Cheddar and the stately splendour of the Tyntesfield estate or Barrington Court. Take a leisurely ride on the West Somerset Railway or a trip to the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton to view its vast range of aircraft on show.
Lavender Barn is a fabulous six bedroom barn conversion.
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Private hot tub, large games room, wifi, sky
- Cosy wood burner with all logs provided
- Large gardens and children's play area
- Dogs welcome by prior arrangement
Meadow View Cottage
Meadow View Cottage
- Stunning location in the Quantock Hills
- Rooms decorated to luxurious standard
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Modern kitchen
- Spacious open plan living downstairs
The Treehouse - a totally unique holiday destination
- Totally unique, boutique five star destination
- Use of an indoor heated pool
- Cedar wood hot tub on extensive decking area
- Sleeps a couple or a family of up to five
- Walking distance of fab village inn