Information about you
- We collect information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
- We only keep data that is directly relevant to delivering the products and services offered by Shortbreaks.com.
- We endeavour to keep data up to date, and do not keep out of date data for long periods.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Unit 1, Yeovil Business Centre
Houndstone Business Park
Why do we collect information about you?
- Shortbreaks.com collects information for the following reasons:
- to effectively deliver our products and services to you
- to offer you products and services or closely related products and services that you have indicated an interest in
- to make the use of our products and services as helpful, pleasant and efficient as possible
- if you have signed up to Shortbreaks.com, to send you newsletters or other marketing communications. (Please note that you can opt out of receiving newsletters, by clicking on the unsubscribe link of e-newsletters or by contacting us and telling us of your wishes.)
- to respond to your queries
What information do we collect about you?
- basic contact and registration details that you give to us, name, email address, telephone, number, house address etc…
- information about our financial transactions with you
- any other information that you choose to give us
Cookies are small text files used by your web browser and stored on your computer used by our website to enhance your visitor experience. For example, it allows us to see which pages you find useful to use and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about your identity, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
We collect information about you when:
- you contact us or subsidiary support staff
- you sign up and create a My Shortbreaks account
- you participate in questionnaires or competitions
- you buy our products and services
How do we manage your information?
Only those employees who need to have access to your information in order to deliver or offer our services effectively are allowed access to your data.
Your data is kept secure by the use of a password protected log-in system.
We will not disclose your information to a third party without your permission unless:
- we are required to do so by law or in relation to legal proceedings
- it is necessary in the normal course of business for employees and other officers, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors, such as accountants, government inspectors, and subsidiary support staff to require your information.
Communications with you
We will not contact you via digital or other means, unless you have registered with us or given prior consent by another method; or, unless we have obtained your details during a sale of one of our services or products or during negotiations relating to the sale of one of our services or products.
Unless you have given us permission to do otherwise, we will only contact you about products or services similar or related to those you have already either shown an interest in or have already bought.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
We may update this policy from time to time, and you are advised to revisit this policy on occasion to check that you are in agreement with our amendments.
We will endeavour to take reasonable technical and procedural precautions to prevent inaccuracies, loss or misuse of your data. However, given the intrinsic potential security hazards of all internet use, we cannot guarantee completely the security of all your data at all times.