Terms & Conditions
2. Limitations of service
Shortbreaks.com PROVIDES AN ADVERTISING SERVICE FOR HOLIDAY HOME OWNERS TO ADVERTISE THEIR PROPERTIES AND AN ACCOMMODATION SEARCH SERVICE FOR TRAVELLERS SEEKING ACCOMMODATION FOR RENT. WE HAVE NO INVOLVEMENT WITH BOOKINGS, RENTAL TRANSACTIONS OR THE MANAGEMENT OF PROPERTIES IN ANY WAY, NOR DO WE ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RENTAL BOOKINGS OR RENTAL TRANSACTIONS. Bookings and transactions are entirely the responsibility of the advertiser of the property or venue and the traveller booking the holiday. Travellers are advised to verify that the potential recipient of the funds for transactions is a person with rightful powers to offer your chosen property for rent. Travellers are also advised to pay by credit card.
We offer no assurances or guarantees as to the standard, safety, legality or characteristics of the holiday homes advertised on our site, the right of the advertiser to make bookings with travellers with regard to the advertised properties, the accuracy of the property listings or the ability of the traveller to pay the rental fee for the properties they have booked. All matters relating to the characteristics of properties, bookings and transactions are entirely the responsibility of the users. However, we do remind our advertisers of their obligation to advertise their properties accurately and honestly.
Shortbreaks.com does not give any guarantees as to the number of property rentals that will be offered or agreed between advertisers and travellers in connection with any of the advertised properties.
The use of our website does not institute any relationship of partnership, joint venture or agency between us and our users.
We disclaim all liability and responsibility for the following:
- Any loss or damage resulting from the inaccuracy of any content submitted by advertisers, or any breach of a third party copyright committed by advertisers.
- Any loss or damage arising from the use of other websites accessed via external hyperlinks from our website, including those leading to affiliate websites.
We reserve the right, without notice or consultation and without refund, to:
- edit or otherwise modify, any content submitted to the website by its users.
- to remove any content from the website that we consider to be, or potentially to be: inaccurate; in breach of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or confidentiality rights; or inappropriate in any way.
- to remove any email address hyperlinks or hyperlinks to other websites without notice or consultation, where we consider them to be inappropriate or to be against our interests, and to cancel an advertiser's listing without refund, if the removed links are re-added to the website.
- to remove and disable, any friendly URLs created by users that we consider offensive, misleading or inappropriate in any way.
Users of the website may download content in order to assist in the purely personal use of our services. Users may not copy, distribute or re-publish any of our content in either an unmodified or modified form, without our written permission.
Users are reminded that if they use the 'Send to a Friend' tool they must obtain the permission of the intended recipient prior to forwarding website contact using this tool.
All intellectual property rights regarding the design, coding and databases pertaining to the Shortbreaks.com website belong to us. All intellectual property rights regarding the content of our website belong to either us or our advertisers.
Advertisers give us permission to use, re-use, distribute, translate and modify, without royalty, the content they have submitted to our site, for the purposes of promoting our services.
5. Advertiser responsibilities regarding content
By using our website advertisers agree that, they will not upload to the website any material, be it words, images, audio or video content, that:
- Is libellous, slanderous or defamatory
- Contains nudity, obscene gestures or phrases, or that is of a pornographic nature, hateful, discriminatory or likely to incite a criminal offence
- Is in breach of intellectual property rights, including copyrights, belonging to a third party.
Advertisers guarantee that they will ensure that the content they submit to our site is accurate, fair and honest with regard to descriptions of relevant rental properties, rental prices, the property's surroundings, associated services and the calendar availability of the property.
6. General Responsibilities of the Advertiser
In using our website, the advertiser further represents and warrants that:
- That the advertiser has the necessary rights or empowerment to offer the listed property or properties for rent.
- Each advertiser also agrees that on our request they will promptly provide proof of identification, proof of ownership of the property or of the authority to list the property and proof of the truthfulness of the characteristics described in the listing of the property.
- The advertiser will not wrongfully deny access to the advertised property.
- The availability calendar for their property will be maintained in displaying accurate and up to date information with regards to the true availability of their property.
- The advertiser will ensure that their booking practices will not allow a double booking to occur. That is, the advertiser will not take multiple bookings for any part of the same period on a single property.
- The rental rates of payment displayed, relating to the property, will be accurately maintained.
- The advertiser will present the rental property to the traveller in a ready and able condition and in accordance with the description published in the property's listing.
- That the advertiser will provide reliable contact details and, once a booking is made, reliable geographical travel directions to the traveller, in good time, prior to the commencement of the rental period.
Shortbreaks.com reserves the right to remove any content in breach of these responsibilities and/or to suspend the related property advertisement without refund.
Advertisers agree that they will endeavour to respond to enquiries reasonably promptly, via telephone or email. We reserve the right to suspend an advertisement, without refund, where travellers, or potential travellers, report what we consider to be an unreasonable or repeated delay in responding to enquiries.
8. Property Substitution
9. Events beyond our control
Shortbreaks.com disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss or damage and any delay or failure of services arising from events beyond our control, including war, strike, fire, riot, crime, government or military requirement, failure of utilities services, state invasion, civil war, accident and Act of God, such as flood, volcanic eruption or earthquake.
10. Website Functionality
We reserve the right to suspend, terminate, restrict or modify the use of any aspect of the content or functionality of the website where there are reasonable commercial, technical or legal reasons for doing so.
11. Website Reliability
Although Shortbreaks.com will take reasonable steps to maintain the services of our website, we do not guarantee an uninterrupted service, the speed at which the website functions, protection from computer viruses or other detrimental technical events arising from malicious use, that the site will be free from error or defect, or the assured delivery of any communications initiated via our website.
12. Termination of an advertisement
If an advertiser chooses to terminate an advertisement, or any of our other services, before the annual (or other specified period) subscription expires we will not be liable to make a refund for the unused subscription period. Our services are sold for the entire period specified at the commencement of the service and not on a pro rata basis.
13. Price Changes
We reserve the right to change the rates charged for our services. Any change of rate prices will apply to subsequent new subscriptions and other sales, and to any subsequent renewals of services.
14. Partial Invalidity
15. Governing Law
Shortbreaks.com is operated by:Ziontech Solutions Ltd
Unit 1, Yeovil, Small Business Centre
Houndstone Business Park
Registered UK Company Number: 4537256
VAT Reg No: 803641749